(Working 5 days in 7 including weekends on rota basis)
No Agents Please
The JG Travel Group is one of the UK’s leading tour operators of group travel offering exciting and diverse value for money tours, ranging from short breaks, classic seaside resort holidays, heritage tours, London theatre breaks, Sporting, Family and Tribute breaks, and European holidays, including Cruises, through a number of distinct brands.
We are looking for someone to join our busy Transport Team to help support our drivers, coach companies, tour managers and customers with day to day logistical queries as they travel within the UK and continent. In addition, this role will contribute to the delivery of our tours as well as assisting in the general administration duties required within this operational team. The main duties for this varied and service delivery based role will include the following:
- On a daily basis, act as one of the main points of contact for drivers/ coach companies operating our tours to ensure they have the necessary information and support to deliver our holidays to a consistently high level.
- Support the logistical delivery of the coach operation by completing routing and timing of selected tours.
- Support the organisation of feeder vehicle requirements.
- Deal efficiently and effectively with incoming telephone calls and emails from external (coach operators, taxi operators, ferry companies, tour managers, and hoteliers) as well as internal departments such as Finance, Operations, Administrations, Reservations and customers.
- Assist with the planning and booking of customers’ flight and rail tickets.
- Assist with the on-going management of information held on all internal systems (T3 and jNet).
- Collate and distribute (by email) driver itineraries and customer pick-up lists to all coach / feeder operators prior to tour departure.
- Action last minute customer amendments and cancellations by informing relevant stakeholders (coach operators, drivers, feeder operators, port staff, on-call staff, Reservations, hoteliers).
- Assist in the management of Compliance Records to ensure that all transport suppliers are providing vehicles that are insured, road worthy and fit for purpose.
- Work on a rota basis to cover the after-hours phone (after training), as well as working regular weekends, plus mid-week on a rota with early and late shift patterns.
- Working with the Customer Contact department, handle any lost property issues in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Periodically accompany visits to the key transport providers.
The ideal candidate for this exciting role will be an excellent communicator with strong people skills who has a focus on delivering excellent customer service at all times. We’re looking for someone who is highly organised and able to prioritise their workload. They must be computer literate, have solid team work skills and be confident to use their own initiative. Previous experience of travel, tour and / or coach operating with service deliver would be an advantage, however experience in other logistic roles will be considered, along with an in-depth knowledge of the geography of the UK. Training in the role will be provided.
As our tours operate 24 hours a day, every day of the week, flexibility in terms of working hours is an absolute must.
If you feel you have the relevant experience and attributes for this role, please send your CV and letter of application to Helen Moylan/ HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org