Customer Update - Covid-19
Update 10th August 2020
After a long few months we are delighted to be running a selection of tours from the 7th September 2020! We have worked hard to ensure that our holidays can be delivered safely, allowing you to simply relax and enjoy a much-needed break away.
Please see below for information about how we are working to keep you safe and provide peace of mind when planning your next trip away:
Keeping you Safe >>
Postponed Tours >>
Booked to Travel on or after 31st August 2020 >>
Please Note: If you are ringing about your forthcoming tour, please bear with us if you are unable to get through straight away.
You can also request a call back by emailing email@example.com or email us with your enquiry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keeping you Safe
The wellbeing of our customers, suppliers and staff is our number one priority. There will be some changes to the way we operate, in line with government guidelines and we will also require you to take certain precautions to help ensure that everybody has a safe and enjoyable time away.
Government guidelines continue to evolve, and as such, our protocols will be amended in line with the up-to-date advice at the time of departure.
How you can help
On the coach:
- Do not travel if you're experiencing any coronavirus symptoms. These include a high temperature, a new continuous cough, or loss or change to your sense of smell or taste;
UK Government currently insist on travellers wearing a face covering or mask when travelling on public transport and indoor transport hubs (airports, rail and tram stations and terminals, maritime ports and terminals, bus and coach stations and terminals;
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitisers at regular intervals ;
- Keep your distance as much as you can (2 metres) when you are travelling;
- Please follow the instructions given by the operator during the journey to ensure the safety of all on board; requirements and instructions may differ depending on the type of transport and country you are in;
- Please be patient - boarding and disembarking your transport may take longer than usual
At the hotel:
- Before you board, the interior of the coach will have been treated with sanitising “fogging” – an aerosol that sanitises and deodorises enclosed spaces killing viruses, germs and bacteria.
- We may require pre-boarding customer temperature checks.
- Hand sanitisers will be fitted at all coach entrances; use will be compulsory each time you board the coach..
- Passengers and drivers will be required to wear face masks if required at the time by the Health Authorities. If you are exempt from wearing a face covering, you will need to evidence this with a letter from your GP or appropriate body/authority.
- Coach air-conditioning systems are now fitted with Hepa filters and an eco3 air purifier which produces ions and ozone in the correct proportions to disinfect the air circulating within the coach.
- Reduced passenger capacity as required by the government to comply with social distancing measures.
- Potentially, single travellers may occupy a double seat for sole use.
- More use of the centre door for additional socially distanced loading and alighting of passengers, when safe to do so.
- Enhanced daily cleaning routine of touch points throughout the coach.
- Coach toilets are expected to remain open for emergency use only and will be cleaned regularly.
- Hotel rooms and public areas will have been treated with sanitising “fogging” – an aerosol that sanitises and deodorises enclosed spaces killing viruses, germs and bacteria.
- You may find screens at reception and interactions will be contactless.
- There may be a one-way system around the hotel with social distance floor markings used.
- Hand sanitisers will be plentiful around the hotel public areas and reminder notices will be present.
- You will notice regular additional touch point cleaning being undertaken.
- Hotel staff will not enter occupied guest rooms; therefore they will not be serviced during your stay. Cleaning materials will be placed in each bathroom. Fresh towels can be delivered to the door upon request. Hospitality tray top-ups should be available to be collected from reception.
- Restaurants will observe social distancing so there may be more than one sitting for meals.
- Bar areas may also have screens fitted, standing at the bar will not be permitted and tables will be socially distanced, you should use the garden/patio seating areas where available and practical.
- Lifts should be for essential use only and limited to occupancy by same households at one time.
- You should handle your own luggage throughout; therefore porterage will not be available.
If you are flying with us
- Each venue will be different, but you will need to be aware of social distancing measures and look out for one-way systems.
- Visitor attraction staff will be on hand to remind you of their procedures and protocols.
- Before you return to the coach, please ensure you thoroughly wash and sanitise your hands.
- It is strongly advised that you check the websites of both your departing airport and your airline before you travel to check for any changes or updates to their Covid19 policy.
- Where possible check in on-line to avoid face to face contact.
- It is possible that the airline will require you to check in baggage to the aircraft hold and minimise any hand baggage – please check the airline website and terms before you travel.
- Under current law, you are required to wear a face covering in the airport
- Your airline will advise you on Covid19 measures in place for your flight.
- A pre-flight temperature check may take place and, if your temperature is above 37.5 degrees you will not be allowed to travel
In addition to the measures we are taking we would expect every customer to follow the current government guidance https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/staying-safe-outside-your-home/staying-safe-outside-your-home
If you have any questions that aren’t covering here please contact us at email@example.com.
We are currently contacting everyone whose tour has been postponed as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic in travel date order. When we contact you, we will have these choices:
- Transfer to another holiday later in 2020
- Transfer to one of our new selection of 2021 holidays with prices frozen
- Receive a Refund Credit Note to the value of the monies you have paid to us – if you need a little time to think about your next break we will send you a fully financially protected credit note valid for use until 31 December 2021. Refundable on or before expiry.
We appreciate that some of our customers are requesting cash refunds now and we promise that you will absolutely receive these. Please be assured we do not underestimate the importance of this to customers and we are working hard to respond to these requests and making every effort to reduce the time frames these will take.
If we have acknowledged your request we would respectfully ask that you do not repeatedly contact us to chase your refund, with our limited resource this only slows down the process. Your patience in this regard is very much appreciated.
We are continuing to follow both ABTA and the Confederation of Passenger Transport UK (CPT) advice and guidance on how to manage this extraordinary situation. These organisations have sought urgent Government help to ensure the rules around refunds are fit for purpose and that customer’s fundamental rights are preserved, as set out by law in the Package Travel Regulations. They have therefore introduced a framework based on a system of financially protected Refund Credit Notes (RCN). The RCN that we will issue to you if we cannot rebook you on to a new holiday entitles you to rebook a holiday at a future date, with no amendment fee, or if you prefer, receive a cash refund on or before its expiry date. It also retains the financial protection that you had with your original booking. Your RCN is valid until 31st December 2021 giving you plenty of time to find a new holiday or have the reassurance that if you don’t, you will receive a cash refund.
Booked to Travel on or after 31st August 2020
If you are travelling between 1st September and 31 December 2020 and wish to change your holiday to a later date, we are offering you the opportunity to do so free of our usual administration charge, providing you give us a minimum of 42 days’ notice. Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our single trip travel insurance policy now covers you for COVID-19.
What is covered if I have to cancel due to COVID-19?
Cancellation cover up to the maximum sum insured as detailed below for the following events:
- You, your close relative, a member of your household or travelling companion(s) have a positive COVID-19 test result (as certified by a medical practitioner) within 14 days of your scheduled departure date.
- You being denied boarding on your pre-booked outbound travel because you are displaying COVID-19 symptoms supported by a subsequent positive COVID-19 test result (as certified by a medical practitioner).
What is covered if I have to curtail (cut short) my holiday?
Curtailment cover up to the maximum sum insured as detailed below for the following event:
- Death of a close relative contracting COVID-19, as certified by a medical practitioner, following a positive CIVID-19 test result.
What is covered if I receive a positive COVID-19 test during my holiday?
- Cost of essential emergency medical treatment if your holiday is outside of the United Kingdom.
- Emergency repatriation and other travel expenses.
- Emergency additional accommodation expenses (room only) for you to extend your holiday until you are medical fit to return home.
- £30 per day, up to £300 in total, if you are ordered to self-isolate in your holiday accommodation by a relevant Government authority, following you receiving a positive COVID-19 test result.
|MAXIMUM SUMS INSURED/BENEFITS PER PERSON
||MAXIMUM EXCESS PER PERSON
|£7,500 (United Kingdom, Channel Islands, Isle of Man & Europe)
- £15 Loss of Deposit
- £15 holidays up to 3-days / £65 holidays over 3-days / £250 trips over 3-days costing between £5,001 and £7,500 Cancellation
|£1,000,000 Medical & Other Expenses
- £65 UK Additional Accommodation & Repatriation Expenses
- £90 Channel Islands, Isle of Man, & Europe Medical & Other Expenses
- £15 holidays up to 3-days / £65 holidays over 3-days / £250 trips over 3-days costing between £5,001 and £7,500 Curtailment
Cover does not include
- Self-isolation. You will need to provide evidence from a certified medical practitioner of a positive test result in order to receive cover.
- COVID-19 related claims caused by Government or FCO restrictions, such as further lockdowns. In these instances, our packages are protected by BCH.
Please click here for more information on our insurance policies